You might think that, with the arrival of colder weather, people’s urge to get moving and experience outdoor activities would diminish a lot. But sports enthusiasts wouldn’t agree!
Keeping fit through constant physical activity is a strongly felt need, above all on returning to the demands of work and a hectic routine. What’s more, many people also feel the urge to try something completely new to better face their everyday lives. Alone or with other people, outdoors or in the gym, sport is always a great source of satisfaction.
For a burst of new energy, to get fit and for some healthy fun, here are 5 sports to add to your “must try” list for autumn:
- Trekking. One of the most popular and widely practised activities, especially for people looking to connect with nature. Trekking can be adapted to all kinds of needs, which makes it a very accessible sport – alone or with other people. Our beautiful country offers so many routes waiting to be discovered, combining the beauty of nature with keeping fit.
- Running. Another classic activity to do independently – but also with the option of courses to learn the best techniques – running is the ideal sport for people who love being outdoors and want to keep fit without needing a gym membership. Regular running offers countless benefits, both physical and mental.
- Padel. A relatively new sport that has emerged in the past few years, padel has proved hugely popular for playing with friends in a fun and challenging activity. An opportunity for exercise without sacrificing your social life.
- Climbing. This may seem an extreme sport and not suitable for the more faint of heart, but is actually much more accessible than you might think. Whether done outdoors or in the gym, climbing is a great workout for the whole body that improves coordination, aids concentration, and enables people to test themselves by challenging their fears.
- Skating. Putting on a pair of skates has to be one of the best ways of all to keep fit and feel like a child again. Perfect for improving your balance and coordination while having a great time.